Sunday 18 January 2009

One of those days

Every now and then I have a day where I really enjoy myself. I had one such day yesterday at Slimbridge WWT.

Chris G and I went there intent on getting flight shots. On our arrival it didn't look like we were going to do anything as it was raining and grey. The weather men had got it right though and the sun soon began to shine.

There was a good breeze blowing, not as strong as we'd hoped but ok.
Soon the flight shots were coming.

This small flock of Pintail Duck for starters.

Buzzards were flying over steadily, putting the birds up.

The Bewicks were very obliging.


But the star of the day was this Peregrine falcon who was continually buzzing across the open ground. The lapwing and curlews were continually being put up.

There were a large number of Curlew present.


All in all a great day. Lots of pics to sort through.

No comments: