Saturday 29 May 2010

If at First.......

.....You dont succeed, etc.

Well i didnt give up, I kept trying. I promised Redstart and Flycatcher and I like to think of myself as a man of my word, so here they are.

Firstly however this pic of a willow warbler, which is about the only other thing I have worth mentioning this week.

I was saying to my friend Andy Carey that its been a pretty poor few weeks, I think I've put in a lot of effort but with very little reward. I have walked miles and yet have very little to show for it. However, I did get both of my target species so here they are. Firstly the Flycatcher.


A lovely little fellow this.


The Redstart meant a journey of 60 miles round trip, poor light and very biting wind. These are not great shots, they are both heavy crops, but I got them. Seven hours spent on a windy hillside and this is the best I got, If I had a day job I wouldnt be giving it up for photography this week.


Still I can only improve. What to do this next week? I'll take what I can get I think. As always click on pics for bigger images.

No comments: