Thursday 12 April 2012

April Showers

So the weather has changed for the worse, gone are the warm sunny days we enjoyed for most of March. Its been a case of fitting the odd bit of photography in between the showers.

I haven't had many opportunties for birds only a few grabbed shots usually at a distance.

First example is this Blackcap.























Lots of these have come into the wood where I've stuck my bird boxes. I am happy to report that at least 3 of my boxes appear to have nesting birds in them.

Next a Chiffchaff again at a distance.


again lots of these in the wood, and they are now pairing up.

The highlight was getting relatively close to a singing Wren but then the weather wasn't that good.

























I've been continuing with the plant photography. I am working on it, trying to get the shots with more detail in them. I think I've almost acheived it with this pair of Wood Anemone shots.
























The light on this Cuckoo flower was a bit harsh though.

















Spring is definately here now though, the Bluebell are out.























I tried to get a shot of this fungus, at one point I was on my hands and knees.

















I have added a few birds to my yearly list this month, Little Ringed Plover, Lapwing, Red legged Partridge and Meditteranean Gull being the best.
I'm off up to Cheshire next week and having a trip to Anglesey whilst I'm up there so hope to add one or two more to the list. If the fishing is bad I will pop to South Stack to see if the Chough are in.

3 comments:

Bob Bushell said...

I love the Wren, its funny that I can't get one. Never mind, I just steal it Brian, lol.

Brian J Davis said...

Bob I'm sure if you put your mind to it you could. I do agree that they are very difficult to get.

Brian J Davis said...

Bob I'm sure if you put your mind to it you could. I do agree that they are very difficult to get.