Monday 24 August 2015

Looking forward to an Indian summer.

What a changeable month August has been. Very few sunny windless days and quite a few completely unworkable.

I have concentrated mostly on the small stuff. I have been doing a bit of a project on hoverflies. There are over 280 UK species of Hoverfly so I'm told and 40 are considered common. I have been trying to work up to 40 and have been quite successful, I'm up to 26 at the moment and again I'm told that September is a good month for hoverflies so I'm reasonably hopeful that I can increase on that number. You can see my results on my Smugmug website.

Whilst doing hoverflies I've also seen a number of other critters, wasps, bee's, beetles and the like so it's been a great time. I've also had a few butterflies.

Common Blue and Painted Lady





















Black and Red Squash Bug aka cinnamon bug.



















Turnip Sawfly


















Green Lacewing



 
 



















Sawfly, Tenthredo notha



















I have been amazed by some of the stuff I've seen, Stuff I've never seen before and didn't realise that was there if you just looked in the right places.

But unless we get the Indian summer I mentioned in the header for this post it will all to soon be over for another year and it will be back to fungi and then the birds.

Still I'm enjoying it whilst I can. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you hear there is a 12 word sentence you can tell your partner... that will trigger intense feelings of love and instinctual attraction for you buried inside his chest?

That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, admire and care for you with all his heart...

12 Words That Fuel A Man's Desire Instinct

This instinct is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will drive him to try harder than before to build your relationship stronger.

Matter-of-fact, fueling this dominant instinct is absolutely important to getting the best ever relationship with your man that the moment you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

...You'll immediately find him expose his soul and mind to you in such a way he never experienced before and he will perceive you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly tempted him.