Wednesday 30 September 2009

In danger of becoming a twitcher

Since I've been up here at my mums there have been two Long billed Dowitchers at Inner Marsh farm RSPB reserve which is about 10 miles from her house.

The weather though has been rather pants, so I've not been over to see it, but today my mum wanted me out of the house for a while so I decided to pop over there and have a look see.

Inner marsh farm overlooks a number of scrapes and has one hide at present. However the RSPB have purchased Burton mere close by and have intentions to build a visitor reception hide and some other hides or screens and create a few more scrapes. I'm not sure how long this will take but I look forward to it happening.

The Dowitchers were, as is always the case, over the far side of the scrape infront of the hide. Too far for anything other than these Record shots. Also present however were Golden Plover, Curlew Sandpiper, Lapwing, Redhank, B.T Godwits, Little Egrets, Ruff, and Teal. A hen harrier had been photographed earlier in the day and a chap called Steven Round kindly showed me shots of it he'd taken. I'd heard of Steven before, he contributes to Birdguides and some other sites. It was a pleasure to meet him. Check out his website at www.stevenround-birdphotgraphy.com well worth a look.

The weather is supposed to be much better tomorrow, it was pants today, so I'm off back there for another look.

Here's two record shots.



Nothing more than that I'm afraid, but hopefully more to follow.

No comments: