Tuesday 8 September 2009

Norfolk Pictures

Here are some of the pics from Norfolk hope you like them. I had a great few days down there, I added quite a few birds to my yearly list and a few to my lifetime list such as Ortolan Bunting, Curlew Sandpiper, Stone Curlew, and Whimbrel.

I loved the Dunlin, seen lots but never photographed any that were this close.

A lifetime first this Ortolan Bunting was a great opportunity for me and lots of others that day, One chap I spoke to had travelled for 1.5hrs by bus from Hunstanton just to tick it as a Norfolk first. He didn't even take a picture, Twitchers are mad.


On the one day the area infront of one of the hides at Cley was very busy, but two days later nothing. Guess it's about time and place. This Green Sandpiper was very obliging.


This is a Common Sandpiper.


Three Bar Tailed Godwit were seen on the same day as the Ortolan Bunting. Here's one of them.


The Marsh Harriers were coming within range, to a degree.


This Little Ringed Plover looked thoroughly peeved at my intrusion.


I have nearly 1000 shots to go through so there may be more to follow. Watch this space.

No comments: