Saturday 9 January 2010

More from the garden.

Snow all around and thats means I am housebound. I can only take pictures of the birds in the garden and as nice as it is I want something else.

That said there was another first for the garden a day or two ago. This Pied Wagtail came a calling.


This Song Thrush was taking a rest in the sun, I have had four in the garden on one occasion and along with the Blackbirds they are by far the most regular visitors at the moment.

The Robins keep coming too, this one looks lovely i think.

I occasionally get a Dunnock or two mopping up the feed that drops to the floor.




This Blackbird was so close to the house I could only get this portrait shot.



I am still lucky enough to have the Blackcap coming to the feeder, the problem is that he is such a bully. The poor tits dont get a look in when he's on the feeders. Thankfully if I open the door and scare him off it takes a good ten minutes for him to return, giving the others a while to stock up.



Surprisingly no sign of the LongTails or the Bullfinch. I hope they are feeding somewhere else and not victims of this very cold snap.
Click for bigger versions.

2 comments:

Bob Bushell said...

They are really good photos. We will be able to venture out when the snow disappeared.

Brian J Davis said...

Thanks Bob. Cant wait to see the back of it.