Tuesday 22 February 2011

Horrible weather.

The weather has been partuicularly bad since my last post. Grey, cold and occasional heavy rain have curtailed any attempts at photography. What it has allowed though is for me to spend more time watching the birds that are coming to the garden.

I have had a new garden visitor this week, three of them infact, Siskins. I was totally amazed when three of them decended on my feeders this morning. It was only a fleeting visit, but they have returned both in a group and singularly a few times. I hope they hang around.

I have also had the male Blackcap visiting regularly but no sign of his female and the Long tailed tits make occasional visits. This is of course in addition to all the other usual visitors, Great and Blue tits, Dunnocks, Blackbirds, Collared doves, Robins and House Sparrows.

Also whilst out walking Roxy in the wood nearby a couple of days ago I saw a Grey wagtail. There are also a pair of Buzzards displaying over the field near the wood regularly and I had the amazing sight of a Sparrowhawk flying about 3 feet off the ground some 15 feet infront of me the same day that I saw the Grey Wagtail.

I cannot wait for the weather to start improving. In the meantime these Long tails were taken at Cannop ponds the same day as the visit to Hignham.




They are a lovely bird.

No comments: