Friday 21 December 2012

A Blue Christmas.

Hi all, just to say there won't be any more posts now before xmas. Mother passed away late evening thurs 20th and there are a million things to do so its highly unlikely I will get chance to do any photography.

Those of you who know me will know that my relationship with my mum was somewhat strained. However nothing can prepare you for watching your mother slip away on a hospital bed, other than perhaps watching your dad die in pain at home 8 yrs previously. I am not going to be hypocritical and suddenly declare that I loved my mother, but she was still my mother and I know that I made the last 8 weeks of her life more enjoyable, we shared laughs and walks together with the dogs. I supported her in decisions she made, but most importantly I kept my promise to my dad, irrespective of my feelings towards her, to look after her when she needed it.

Hopefully she will find lasting peace with my dear dad who she will finally join, having missed him so deeply in the 8yrs since his passing.

Rest in Peace mother.

On a brighter note there will be some cash for a new camera or lens soon. Every cloud and all that

No comments: