Thursday 13 August 2009

Butterflies.

Its the time of the year for Butterflies. The birds are looking a little worse for wear so attention swaps to the smaller and often prettier butterflies.

Here are a small selection of what I've seen whilst out and about lately.

This is a Small Skipper




Here's a Green Veined White.



Highest influx of Painted Lady butterflies since 1997,


The Red Admiral is, in my humble opinion, a much underrated butterfly, It can be very entertaining.


I doubt anyone would disagree that the Small Tortoiseshell is also a beautiful example of a lovely butterfly.





Small Copper butterflies are looking good right now, I got these at my spot near Sling.





Ditto this Pale Common Blue.



I was chatting to Andy Carey recently and he tells me he's only a few away from completing his list of every British butterfly, I don't think that is something I could acheive but I am impressed by his efforts, I would love to see more butterflies.

No comments: